Thursday, June 7, 2012

Broccoli and Cauliflower

So here's the thing.  I like vegetables.  I really do.  But I am finicky.  I'm an adult now and I'm supposed to  like all foods and can eat them without wrinkling my nose or looking askance at certain vegetables.

I can act my way out of it; pretend my tastes buds aren't revolting against the revolting food.  But still.  I'm an adult right?  Shouldn't it be my right to dislike certain foods?

Take Broccoli.  I want to like Broccoli.  But there's something...I feel like I'm eating a bush.  The florets have a weird texture that makes me think I'm eating tiny bubbles of insect flesh.  And the stalks...well, I feel like I'm eating stringy stalks.  And there's a weird smell.  I don't like how Broccoli smells, especially when it's been steamed.

Cauliflower is clearly Broccoli that has turned into a zombie.   At beast, they look like albino brains.  Save me from the mutant Broccoli!

Hey, Attack of the Zombie Vegetables!  It could be the next horror/comic franchise.  I'm sure Christian Bale is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment